Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Breathe and Thou Shalt Taste the Goodness in Life

070522: My Buddy asked, “Hey… long time no blog??”, and I thought ‘oh yeah, it has been 3 weeks already since my last post’. The fact is, these couple of weeks had been hectic day-to-day. I only had time to live those days, but not much time to take a breather and reflect. You know how some of those days go; when you wish it’d be just a ‘seasonal’ trend. Otherwise what meaning has life got?

In these short couple of weeks I had megabytes and megabytes of photos from events here and there, which I wish I could find my prudent strength to filter and blog them.

But this simple post deserves to be dedicated to this Buddy who somehow reminded me to breathe during our short chat at 5:51pm. And from this simple concept, we somehow ended up at her place, dressed in comfy home clothes, with the following items on the table:

1) a bottle of Chilean Carmenere
2) a tiny tub of blue cheese
3) a bag of assorted breads – mixture of wholemeal, sunflower seeds, hard, soft, etc etc
4) many packs of single-served Irish butter
5) a bunch of celery
6) a bottle of Dijonnaise
7) a pot of home-cooked organic, vegetarian, light tom yam pan mee

All the breads tasted good and fluffy, and went well with the beautiful Irish butter. Buddy indulged quite a bit of those. Celery is no doubt best paired with my favourite rare Dijonnaise sauce. We didn’t have time for the Carmenere, but did spread some foul-smelling blue cheese on our tongues – ‘yucks’ to ‘yummMM’.

But of course the highlight was Item 7). I have not tasted home-cooked food (other than my Mom’s) for a long time. She was not too happy with how her pan mee turned soggy-looking after I was, er, (opps, now that I count) 45 minutes late!! Ouchh… But frankly, it tasted GOOD! It was a light tom yam soup with some vege, tau foo pok and eggs – well-balanced and easy on the tummy. I think I could take 2 pots without feeling bloated. This review should take her to a beautiful sleep (without any unnecessary dreams, haha).


You just wonder how a little breather can let you taste all the goodness in life…. *ThanX Buddy & Thank GOD for all the fine foods on earth*

No comments: