Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Farewell to my Sweet Lil Korean Buddy

070724: Times fly. Birds fly. Even people fly! I have to get used to yet another Buddy who is flying on to the next phase of life, in another place, reachable, only by birds, er.. or by plane. Thank goodness, it’s still reachable. In fact, it’s just across the South China Sea, separated by a 5-hour flight. But the fact that each has different phase to work on makes it distant by miles, limited by thoughts.

I somehow got a hand on assisting her to get through the interview. That day itself was somehow memorable not only in terms of what I thought was a well-performed interview, but also a day of achievements – we managed to go the distance to finally get a good Father’s Day gift, and managed to climb 39 floors to taste glory in the forms of a cup of coffee. Irony as it seems, I am like sending my best buddy away to work in another planet. But I always think the most caring thought would stay with someone, be it here or there. This thought would at least pull the distance a little.

“Buddies like you is hard to find, hard to lose, and
impossible to forget”

Nope, surprisingly, the quote is not from me.
Haha, I always tease her about her jumbled language and expression. But this quote in the card tonight really caught my mind, it’s never this simple expressing something so compound. Suddenly everything comes into one piece, and it feels like we’ve been in a short Korean series. You know how the story-line always go from some tough drama to a beautiful life and yet, in the end, farewell looms. Haha, I can’t stop smiling each time reflecting on this.

It’s not so much of a sad farewell actually… probably because I know she’ll be safe in good hands. And more so too because I know I’ll still be hovering around like a Guardian Angel, even from far, like what she has experienced in this couple of years. And I’m glad she acknowledged this in the card too.

I’d love her to know that the ‘slaps’ are still available when both need a quick wake-up, especially from some slumps that we both acknowledge. It’s definitely better to be slapped by a Buddy than a stranger! What more a Korean-looking one! Hahaha….

.
Happiness always, my dear Budz! Here’s something I don’t always do… for U, special lah!... for all the kimchi good times... kamsahamnida... saranghaeyOoO
.















No comments: