Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Farewell, my Beloved Purple-Colored Buddies




Tonight is my last fourth day in purple company. We just came back from our yet-another-fun but last (for me) trip to Bali over the weekend (which I’ll definitely gonna write something on after gathering the 2GB photos from every camera owner and filtering to the bare minimum). It’s hardly drought and my ‘well’ has been filling up these couple of days after all the fun we’ve had. Despite the over-flowing joy throughout the trip I still did find some private time to reflect and gear myself up for the looming farewell end of this week.

But I certainly didn’t expect anything dramatic to happen today as I was still busy working on a couple of projects going on for my key accounts – whole day that is. Right up to dinner time, then I started looking for chocolates to munch although I usually don’t crave for it. ‘I won’t be able to have the luxury to get a sweet tongue free-of-charge come next week’, was what I thought. There I was, searching every corner for chocolate samples, right up to Maguro’s place, and begging for samples which she needs for her work. Dug my dear subordinate Gary's new place in the Aquarium, to no avail. Finally managed to steal a couple of soon-to-be-launched ‘dynamites’ from Nic’s place, which tasted exceptionally good in times of desperation (it’s a helluva good innovation anyway – one of my favourites so far, by our brightest and smartest dear marketer, my ‘Ah Jie’ Vickz).

Offered a bar to the ever-hardworking Bee (my favorite dinner cum gym cum movie buddy). She’s my savior during my OT hours during the busy times of the season. Having her around as company in a cubicle 6 meters away would soothe my restlessness and offer a focus point for me to strive for more. Usually we’d pledge to finish up work by certain time and go for a peaceful dinner either sipping herbal soups or light congee (called 'teng jai juk'; should mean little boat congee - with preserved egg, stew peanuts and deep-fried vermicelli). It's located in this peaceful hawker street beneath an LRT station in PJ. The sound of LRT breezes through at night sounds urbane yet somehow peaceful, hmm.... love it a lot!

Back to the office, this moment at 9pm reminds me of so many other wonderful buddies I have as well. In their own uniqueness they are Woei, Junee, Pyein, Maguro, Tomato, Potato. My life in this purple company tastes sweet enough with all the things I enjoy doing. These buddies splashed more salt to this sweetness, which gave me a TOTAL and complete flavors of a great working life.

Woei was the reason I’m having so much joy with this laptop, living my life in this cyberworld, like I should have so many light years ago. I’m so glad she accompanied me to get my first personal laptop during the PC fair. She’s also a good buddy for a 7-hours karaoke session (but keep it to less than 4 singers please).

Junee is… er, somehow, I couldn’t describe vividly what we enjoyed doing. But somehow, we’ve done quite a bit. This ‘bit’ is made up of tiny bits. She’s one hell of a slap-your-face-now-kiss-your-ear-later buddy, hmm (I’m gonna get slap for this I’m sure, just like many other times, haha). But somehow, she’s there when I least expected it.

Pyein is a ‘balanced’ buddy whom I somehow enjoyed shopping for grocery in Tesco or Giant, usually sharing a large pack of vege to cook. She’s also someone I highly-recommended to take up a vacancy in my Department, which she did and enjoyed, as she seems now, as I’ve expected. She’s now turned into a ‘wild thing’ with the beautiful perm hair and dressing styles (certain degree of influence from me, I suspect).

Maguro is always someone I should’ve known 12 years ago, when both our schools were so near and brought-up so alike (Jiau Lai). We speak the same language all the time and inspire for the same vision (though not visible yet). We don’t usually need to speak too much to understand what’s going on.

Tomato is someone who’d jump on top of me (physically) without notice. It’s really nice to have her cuddles when times are low. Her passion for art and beauty enables us to share so much. Her taste in things also brings alignment to what we look forward to in life.

Potato is my dear student whom I’ve guided and taught, in different corner of work or relationship matters. After she graduated, I was in turn, guided and taught. We share quite a bit on life philosophy and the ‘path to enlightenment’, as both is as innocent as the lotus flower (really?).

Despite the uniqueness of each buddy here, they are truly ANGELS in their own form.

After having a final farewell chat with my kind ex-Boss, MrsTan (she would be on leave starting tomorrow, so would miss my last day), I went off with a heavy heart. Somehow worried that Bee would starve in the midst of the prolonged night (she would be traveling tomorrow, would miss my last day too), I went to get her a packet of Maggi goreng. The process seemed sad, and gave me endless goosebumps while I reminisced, while waiting for the mamak to goreng. I went back and gave my final pack of dinner to her in purple company and reluctantly asked her not to speak much, afraid that I’d burst.

After paying my last respect to ‘Dato Goong’, whom I believe has guided my working life here, I drove off with the ‘well’ over-flowing with tears - it's flooding everywhere! Afterall, I’m just a human being. Together with the above mentioned Buddies, I messaged other Close Ones the following sms:



“it’s premature, but I’m sobbin after walkin out from offce a min ago, quietly n peacefuly. Wana let u guys knw I’m gona cherish all of u n d moment we’v had. Dun reply, dun do anything, 4get bout tis 2moro when u c me. jus wanna mark tis moment in time.. luv yah..”

I received sweet replies nevertheless.

On another personal message, MrsTan replied a:



“I count my blessings Des you will be happier that way. Take care Des call me anytime if you need an ear”

I do cherish every single ONE of them, including those who have moved on to different paths earlier… at last, *sigh*... I'm following suit... and changing colors....