Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Limbs

070416; 2133:

Six years ago I received my 2nd job’s offer. I was head over heels and hands over mouth. Almost immediately I broke the news to her. She was then my head, heels, hands and mouth. We were virtually inseparable.

Today I received my 4th job’s offer. I still feel that I’m head over heels and hands over mouth. But she’s no longer all those parts of me; maybe only the mouth, which is used for keeping in touch.

Throughout the years, the body parts have faced injuries and undergone surgeries. We have had good times limping together. We have had testing times reconstructing those limbs, on our own exercise – hoping that one day, those flaws may disappear.

It wasn’t easy after 5 years of attachment. But I have had the bliss of new parts growing around me. They have appeared to serve a certain purpose, but may never be as a whole.

Today she asked to be relieved of her exercise. My heart was heavy, but it begged to differ. If we can’t live with what we have, we have to let others to live it. Whatever it turns out to be, life’s a blessing; that no one should take for granted – be it your head, heels, hands or simply, just your mouth.
...

No comments: